Principles in Carbide Die Production
Principles in Carbide Die Production
Cemented carbide mold has the advantages of high hardness, corrosion resistance, high-temperature resistance, and a small expansion coefficient. Cemented carbide mold normally uses cobalt and tungsten as raw materials. Common carbide molds include cold heading dies, cold punching dies, wire drawing dies, hexagonal dies, spiral dies, etc. Compared with traditional metal molds, cemented carbide molds have the advantages of high production efficiency, good workpiece quality, and long mold life.
We will talk about the principles of cemented carbide mold production in this article:
1. Conducive to demolding: In general, the demolding mechanism of the mold is in the moving mold. So, the product should be left in the moving mold as much as possible after the mold is opened when selecting the surface for mold. To prevent mold stick to the surface, people often add a fixed mold auxiliary demolding mechanism.
2. Consider the lateral mold opening distance: When selecting the parting surface, the direction of the long core pulling distance should be selected in the direction of opening and closing of the front and rear molds, and the short direction should be used as the lateral parting.
3. Mold parts are easy to process: when selecting parting surfaces, the mold should be divided into easy-to-machine parts to reduce the difficulty of machining
4. Conducive to exhaust: The parting surface should be designed at the end of the plastic flow to facilitate exhaust.
5. R parting: For many molds design, there is a full circle of R angle at the parting surface. There is no sharp side that should appear on the R angle
6. Consideration of clamping force: The lateral clamping force of the mold is relatively small. Therefore, for large-scale products with a large projected area, the direction with a large projected area should be placed in the direction of opening and closing of the front and rear molds, and the side with a smaller projected area should be used as a lateral parting.
7. Meet the product molding requirements: the parting surface is for the product to be able to take out the mold smoothly. Therefore, the position of the parting surface should be selected at the part with the largest section size of the product, which is a basic principle.
8. The shape of the parting surface: For general products, a parting surface that is perpendicular to the direction of the mold opening movement of the injection molding machine is often used, and other shapes of parting surfaces are used in special cases. The shape of the parting surface is based on the principle of convenient processing and demoulding. Like a curved product, the parting must be based on its curved curvature.
9. Ensure the appearance and quality of the product: Do not choose the parting surface on the smooth outer surface of the product. Generally speaking, the appearance surface is not allowed to have clip lines and other lines that affect the appearance; for some products with concentricity requirements, all parts with concentricity requirements must be placed on the same side, so as to ensure their concentricity.
10. Determination of orientation: When determining the orientation of the product in the mold, the selection of the parting surface should try to prevent the product from forming side holes or side buckles, and should avoid using complex mold structures.
If you are interested in tungsten carbide dies and want more information and details, you can CONTACT US by phone or mail at the left, or SEND US MAIL at the bottom of the page.